0

Config cache flush(from redis-cli run FLUSHALL) is done daily in the morning. Post the flush we see the following warning appear in the logs:

Error message
E_WARNING: simplexml_load_string(): ^

Sample stack trace
…simplexml_load_string called at /var/www/abc/lib/Varien/Simplexml/
Config.php (510)
…ml_Config::loadString called at /var/www/abc/lib/Varien/Simplexml/
Config.php (498)
…ig::loadFile called at /var/www/abc/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/
Config.php (958)
…onfiguration called at /var/www/abc/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/
Config.php (318)
…:loadModules called at /var/www/abc/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/
Config.php (259)
…Config::init called at /var/www/abc/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/
Config.php (370)
…nfig::reinit called at /var/www/abc/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/
Config.php (519)
…SectionCache called at /var/www/abc/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/
Config.php (601)
…ectionConfig called at /var/www/abc/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/
Config.php (620)
…tSectionNode called at /var/www/abc/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/
Config.php (661)
…fig::getNode called at /var/www/abc/app/code/local/Mage/Core/Model/
Store.php (377)
in Mage_Core_Model_Store::getConfig called at /var/www/abc/app/Mage.php (355)
in Mage::getStoreConfig called at /var/www/abc/app/Mage.php (803)
in Mage::log called at /var/www/abc/app/code/core/Mage/Core/functions.php (247)
in mageCoreErrorHandler called at /var/www/abc/lib/Varien/Autoload.php (93)
in Varien_Autoload::autoload called at /var/www/abc/lib/Varien/Autoload.php (93)
in Varien_Autoload::autoload called at ? (?)
…ll called at /var/www/abc/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Session/
Abstract.php (36)
in include called at /var/www/abc/lib/Varien/Autoload.php (93)
in Varien_Autoload::autoload called at ? (?)

As a result of this the site becomes unresponsive and recovers only once I change the redis db pointing in the app/etc/local.xml file. I have also tried the patch mentioned in this link which seemed related but to no success.

Let me know in case more details are required.

FYI the stacktrace is before applying the above mentioned patch so that it is relatable to magento's original core/Config.php.

UPDATE: I have been hearing people say that probably one of your xml files has a syntax error but my question is then why does it disappear after changing the redis db in app/etc/local.xml

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.