I have the following scenario:
- I have created a new product.
- I have left the url-key field blank.
- If url-key field kept blank, then on product saving, it will set url key value automatically based on the product title.
- The url-key value is generated for the new product as expected.
- Now I have edited the same product and changed the title. Cleared the url-key field value.
- This time on saving it won't set the new url key value automatically based on the new product title.
Steps to replicate:
- Create a new product
- Enter title, and other details except for url key. Keep url key blank.
- Save the product.
- Now edit the same product.
- Change the title of the product which will be different than previous
- Clear the url key field value.
- save the product
Actual result: Url key value is blank
Expected result: url key value should be updated as per new product title
Is this a Magento's default behavior or its a core bug on the product edit?