I'm not familiar with Magento 2, but would like to know how to deal with multiple shops. I read that Magento supports multiple websites, what sounds interesting. However, I'm wondering when that could or should be used. What are the pros and cons regarding one Magento instance with multiple sites vs one instance per site. When should be used what?
- Is the multi website feature of Magento only useful if the shops have something in common?
- If one shop deals with tools and another with shoes, is one instance applicable?
- How about running 100 shops?
- How about backend users? One admin, multiple managers (one per shop).
- Would you recommend the commerce edition or can all be done with the community edition likewise?
- What is the main intention to have the multi website feature?