I'm trying to do something that I'm not sure is possible in Magento, at least it's not working for me currently anyway.
We have a customer who receives a variable rate of discount on all products based on how much they spend PER ORDER. For example, if they spend more than £100 - they get 25% off. If they spend £150 they get 30% off, if they spend £200 they get 35%.
In isolation this works fine, using the "Subtotal" condition. Where it stops working is when other rules that can also apply are factored in.
We have a product that has a "Buy X get Y free (discount amount is Y)" rule on it - to give customers who buy 3 of the product the third product free. This means if they buy product A for £30 each (£90 subtotal), they get a discount of £30..
The problem I'm having:
Scenario 1 (good):
- Customer has £75 of product to their basket
- Customer not entitled to discount (<£100)
- Customer has £125 of product to their basket 4. Customer entitled to 25% discount (>=£100 and <£150)
Scenario 2 (bad)
- Customer has 5 of product A (£30 each) in basket, equalling £150 subtotal
- Customer receives discount of £30 (3 for 2 rule)
- Magento gives customer 30% discount, because it thinks they are over £150 threshold, but in reality they are under due to other rules.
I tried to solve this by implementing a "Subtotal after Discount" condition using code from this page: https://stackoverflow.com/a/16808826 - but this just results in the rule factoring ITS OWN DISCOUNT into the rule!
Is this possible in Magento (CE 220.127.116.11)?