In the table
eav_attribute_option_swatch (the one that holds the swatch options for the attributes) I have about 6k records.
Some are color codes, others are paths to images and most of them are null (in the value column).
But something, somewhere, sometime, somehow, deletes them and I don't know what, where, when or how.
It one point I randomly realize that in the frontend the configurable products don't show swatches anymore and I can see a regular dropdown with the options.
The table is not completely cleared. So far when it happened, there were somewhere between 1 and 10 records remaining. I could not find anything special about these except for one. There is always a record with
option_id = 0. (not sure if relevant).
The main problem is not that it happens. The problem is that I cannot reproduce it.
What I've tried so far:
- Save random attributes that have or don't have swatches.
- Saved the attribute with the most options (2k+). I thought it may have something to do with max post size or max input vars. This works as expected.
- Delete one attribute.
- Delete one option
- Delete and add a swatch at the same time.
- Changed the attribute type from swatch to something else.
- ... and back to swatch
- Banging my head on the table.
None of the above helped (specially the last one).
I'm not looking for a full solution, though that would be great.
I need other examples (code or actions) that might touch the
I do have some 3rd party extensions installed and a few more that were developed internally. But I'm just looking for ideas here.