I'm having an issue with some translations in Magento 2 2.3.0. My store is in french, most of the text works fine.
It seems that the problem occurs only with content that come from JS (AJAX and template).
<span data-bind="i18n: 'View and Edit Cart'">View and Edit Cart</span>
I have the same problem with the state/province in the shipping calculation, it's in the wrong locale.
If I check in js-translation.json, there's around 300 translations and "View and Edit Cart" is one of them. I don't know where does these translations come from, my translation CSV has +9k terms.
I tried switching between dev and prod mode to see if the generation changed, but same thing.
Also, between every attempt, I ran these commands
rm -rf var/generation/* var/di/* var/cache/* var/page_cache/* var/view_preprocessed/* pub/static/*; bin/magento setup:upgrade; bin/magento setup:di:compile; bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy --theme=[my theme] fr_CA -f; bin/magento cache:flush; bin/magento indexer:reindex;
Magento: Community Edition 2.3.0