How to install Google TAG Manager (GTM) to Magento 1.9.2 without extension?
It's always better to use the extension. By doing it, you can pass a number of useful data, like product ID to the tag manager.
However, there is a way of installing Google Tag Manager without extension. Just follow these steps:
- First, create a static block containing the script (CMS > Static Blocks).
- Deactivate WYSWIWYG editor.
- Now, you have to create a new widget instance (CMS > Widgets).
- Choose your theme.
- Add layout update for "All pages."
- Use "Page Top" as the reference.
- Choose static block from (1) in "Widget Options."
- Finally, save the changes and clear the cache.