So after removing the pub/static folder and also removing the .htaccess file with it and breaking my site I'm finally back to where I was.
Still having issues with JS files that don't exist but were included with requirejs-config.js.
I've tried several solutions yet nothing is working. The way I added the custom JS files was by creating a requirejs-config.js file in my theme folder, and then mapping the paths to the files inside. I then included them in the default_head_blocks.xml file. But now that I've deleted the JS files, and removed the requirejs-config.js file, and also removed them from the default_head_blocks.xml file I get these errors in the screenshot above.