I have seen an issue with quite a few customers where they call us that they are unable to login and view their account.
The email and password are correct - no login error message, page just reloads to the home page or login page, they can't seem to get into their account!
This happened after applying the patch 10888, and we do have 10752 applied.
After digging I found in table
customer_entity, and it sparked to me that the affected customers have a timestamp of
created_date AFTER the
updated_date. I think it shouldn't be that way right?
So to test, I changed the created_date to be BEFORE the updated_date, even by one minute. For some users this alone helped them to get back into their accounts. While for other users I also had to update their password via SQL, using query:
update customer_entity_varchar set value = md5('123456')
where where entity_id = 105 /*enter customer's entity_id found in customer_entity */
and attribute_id in
(select attribute_id from eav_attribute where attribute_code = 'password_hash'
and entity_type_id = 1);
I haven't got to fully investigate the changes SUPEE 10888 does to customer core files, but there are definitely issues with the patch.
Furthermore, I can't seem to update the customers password via admin panel as I normally would, when saving, the page results in an error.