Magento CE 1.9.x
Assume the case that we need to create 100+ stores having 10k products in each store.
- each store will have 100+ products.
- there are very high chances that each store can have their own root categories.
- some products can be unavailable in certain stores.
- language can vary across two stores (within the same Magento instance)
- currency may also vary if between two stores.
- product quantity may also vary between two stores and price too.
In this approach what will be the best method to be used?
- create a separate website for each 100+ stores (i.e 100 stores + 100 website + 100 store view )
- keep one main domain (website) and create 100+ stores and stores view. (i.e 100 stores + 1 website + 100 store view )
Base currency may be same or different both and language also may be same or different both.
For example 15/100 store is in India , at different states. So base currency will be INR for those 15 stores. Prices also may vary , depend on the state or city in which store resides.(example taxes are different so price may vary). Rest 85/100 stores may be divided on other parts of world like USA (dollars base currency , language en_US) , Singapore ( Singapore dollar base currency , language en_US) , UK (base currency euro , language en_UK )
I heard that creating multiple websites may cause system performance issues. Please advice if this is true.