kindly note i have a selective products around 20 that i need to show a label or a tag " LIMITED QUANTITY". i tried the add tag under catalog but its only related to back end and administrator use and not to front end use. can anyone help me how to make this enable on website front end? thanks in advance for help and support.
Create a new product attribute and assign the LIMITED QUANTITIES value to all required products:
- In the admin, create a new
product attributeby navigating to Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attributes, and clicking Add New Attribute. Call the new attribute something like
- The new attribute should be of type
- Add this new text field attribute to EVERY ATTRIBUTE SET that contains the products that you need to assign the LIMITED QUANTITIES value.
- Set the value of this new attribute for your 20 products as LIMITED QUANTITIES.
Now output this new value, if it's set, to the product page:
/app/design/YOUR_PACKAGE/YOUR_THEME/template/catalog/product/view.phtmlin your text editor.
- Paste the following code in the file where you would like to output the new attribute:
<?php if ($_product->getData("limited_qty_message")) : //if the attribute has a value for this product ?> <?php echo $_product->getData("limited_qty_message"); // output it's value ?> <?php endif; ?>
Once the attribute value is outputting as you need, add your HTML markup and style it.