I feel this ought to be a simple fix, but I am not finding any straightforward solutions. Initially I thought it was a permissions thing, but the config files reflect the correct username and password. I'm stumped.
There was an Error Processing Your Request
Failed to set ini option "session.save_handler" to value "files".
Steps to reproduce
- Install a fresh copy of Magento 2.2.4 via GoDaddy's cPanel Installatron.
- Go to anywhere in the Magento directory. This message apears.
- The homepage or a login screen. No error message.
- Error message appears wherever in the Magento directory you go.
- Magento 2.2.4 (auto-updated from v.2.2.3 a couple weeks before the issue appeared.)
- Plain Magento. No additional extensions, plugins or addons, aside from what already comes packaged with the Magento 2.2.4 install.
- Linux. GoDaddy Hosted. cPanel. 2GB RAM. 2 CPUs.
- Magento installed in directory /shop/
- SSL Certificate in use.
- Magento Base URL (both Secured and Unsecured) are set like: https://www.example.com/shop/ (note the "s" in "https", the "www." subdomain, the directory "shop", and the trailing forward-slash)
- htaccess redirects any non-WWW traffic to www subdomain.
- PHP 7.1.17 (All required extensions installed and functioning)
- MySQL 5.6.39
- The site was running perfectly at version 2.2.3 for three weeks.
- The auto-update to 2.2.4 broke my site instantly... But I followed some safe-sounding forum solutions to fix it.
- Site ran perfectly again as ver. 2.2.4 for another two weeks but then suddenly, last week, I couldn't log in anymore, and other parts of the site began malfunctioning as well.
- Note: As the site was working fine, no changes were made to the code for weeks. The issue occurred seemingly on its own.
- I followed several forum remedies (rolling back each time they didn't work before trying a new "solution"), but no suggestions worked worked.
- In defeat, I reset my server completely, installed a FRESH copy of Magento 2.2.4 (via GoDaddy's "Installatron" again) (thus also skipping v2.2.3 altogether this time) -Problem resurfaced with the same error message right away.