I'm working on speed optimization for a Magento 2 website.
So far we did a lot of things, including:
- Enabling all the related built-in stuff (merged/bundled js/csc/html, cache, flat tables, etc...).
- Production mode enabled.
- Redis, Memcached, Varnish.
- CDN on media & static content.
- Lazy load on most of the images.
- Cache Warmer extension.
- Using GTM for external scripts like virtual chat.
- Pretty strong VPS.
The results are great for most of the pages (HomPage & Categories are very fast), but the client is still unhappy with the product page performance & he is right. I checked & although it's OK compared to other websites, it's still significantly slow compared to other page types on the same website.
*If it makes any difference, it's worth mentioning that this website has almost 50,000 products.
-- Any idea what might be the reason for that or what can we do about it?