I need to create manual(Admin) order, without the products present in the website, I mean order create for not available products in website. How to achieve using any custom options?
- Create a simple product under
- Choose a generic name for the product like "Custom Item" and set some Price (it does not matter)
- In section "Custom Options" Add New Option
- Set Input Type to Text Field and name it "Name" or "Product Name"
- Set Price to 0.0, Fixed, empty SKU and is Required to Yes
- After saving the product create new Order at
- Push "Add Products" and add newly created product to the order
- When adding a product you will see a button "configure" where you can set the actual name of item to order
- To change the price simply click on checkbox "Custom Price"
Adding generic order items is dirty. I do not recommend to use this workflow, if you wish clean sales reports
You need to define your problem and provide further information.
I assume that you mean a 'product not present in website' that it hasn't been created in Magento? If so, then it is not possible in standard Magento.
However, I am sure it is possible using custom code - all of the details needed for the orders are stored in the order flat tables (specifically sales_flat_order_item) such as the sku, product name, price sold at, etc.
This means that a product can be deleted and functionality such as shipping, credit memo, etc, will remain.
Can you please provide further information and the level of customisation you're willing to do to achieve as it is not a trivial exercise.
If you're saying that a product has been created in Magento but is not visible in the website then it can be done via the order panel - Sales->Orders->Create New Order.
@zus: This is not possible out of the box in Magento. I believe non of the eCommerce system will give you an option to create an invoice without having details in it.
Please share the details of BigCommerce so that we can have a look and it will good learning for us as well.
What is your plan or requirements? Simple solution for your problem is to create a product in Magento and hide it for frontend user. You can create as many as order you want to create, make pricing adjustment etc. This will also help in tons of other ways in future. For example in reporting, tally your accounts and many other ways.
You can set Visibility of products to "Not Visible Individually" if that is what you mean.
If your question is about stock availability, and you want to force unavailable products into an order, then there are several options starting with enabling backorder up to customization of admin.
And finally if you meant non-existing products, there is an option to implement custom ajax form into admin order form to create products during order creation process.