0

I have 2 problems and I am not sure if they are related.

First of all I have added a new category with new products, I can click on the Category but no products are displayed. If I go to the actual URL for the product I can see it but it appears as out of stock. However, I have stock management turned off, I have set out of stock items to display, I have gone back and set the quantity of stock to 100, I have even gone and set it to out of stock saved and then set to back in stock but it is still not appearing on the category page and the product page still says out of stock.

Secondly, I have updated the price of another product in another category, when looking at the category page the price is still the old price but when looking at the actual product page the price is updated properly.

I have flushed the cache and reindexed everything and cleared my own browser cache and cookies etc,. but nothing I do seems to make a difference. I feel like there has to be something cached in the background that is not updating the products on the front end.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I am using Magento 2.1.11.

  • Check time of your server and time in cron_schedule table. Or if you have multiple store mode then check values in the Default Store View. – Rishabh Rk Rai Jan 29 '18 at 12:06
  • Hi @RishabhRkRai thanks for your comment, I have just looked at the table and all jobs are running every minute with a success status so do not think this is the issue. – Paddy Hallihan Jan 29 '18 at 12:23
  • I have also gone to the cataloginventory_stock_item table and can see the 'qty' field of the product is correct after I set it to 100. 'is_in_stock' field is also set to 1 for all products but it is still displaying as out of stock on the product page and not visible in the category page - this is only happening for newly created products, old products with 'qty' null display fine – Paddy Hallihan Jan 29 '18 at 12:27
  • What I find very strange is my second issue. It is updating the price on the product page but it is still displaying the old price on the category page. So the information is being updated on the back end and I can see it in the database but the front end is still rendering old information, this is why I thought of clearing my own browser cache but it is happening on multiple devices and browsers with cache and cookies cleared – Paddy Hallihan Jan 29 '18 at 12:46
  • This has only become an issue since the site went live, moving from braintree sandbox to production and adding an ssl certificate but I don't know how this could be an issue, although I did remove some data from the databases such as fake orders made through the sandbox and the fake customers used to create those – Paddy Hallihan Jan 29 '18 at 14:04

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.