Yes, I got the same message when I upload my first extension on the marketplace.
You can simply fill the form by online pdf editor and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject: Tax Information for Magento Marketplace.
After 2 days I got this mail from Marketplace. And then my module will pass Marketing Review.
Thank you for contacting Magento Marketplace Support. The Marketplace
team has received the tax forms and filed in our system. There is no
further action required at the current time by your team regarding
These are the rules for form
United States Resident
- Please complete a W-9 Form and scan the completed form and return to Magento
- Magento will prepare and file a 1099-K with IRS and will send you a copy
1. Are you are currently paying taxes in the U.S.?
If yes, you can either:
- Complete a W-8ECI form (return completed form to Magento) and Magento will not need to withhold on your behalf
- Not complete a W-8ECI form, and Magento will need to withhold up to 30% (depending on your country of residence) of the 70% revenue share from the developer and remit to IRS
Best Of Luck.