I have same category name created into another subcategory.Newly created category URL is New URL:http://127.0.0.1/magento/index.php/category/medicine-2 and existing category URL is Existing URL:http://127.0.0.1/magento/index.php/category/medicine I want to rewrite new URL(http://127.0.0.1/magento/index.php/category/medicine-2) to existing URL(http://127.0.0.1/magento/index.php/category/medicine).Can you please help me?
- Go to Catalog -> URL Rewrite Management
- Click on Add URL Rewrite
- For Create URL Rewrite, choose "Custom"
- Give a random number or text for ID Path
- Give the relative URL for old link as Request Path (category/medicine)
- Relative URL for new link as Target path (category/medicine-2)
- You may choose redirect as Permanent
You'll need to make sure you don't have the same category URL under a subcategory.
Magento will automatically add a number at the end if that will be the case.
After you made sure you have unique URLs under the same category you can go to:
Catalog > URL Rewrite Management
And search for your path to map it accordingly:
In target path you'll find the category ID to where is pointing you're URL.