I have just upgraded my site from Magento 1.7 to 1.9 and i'm now getting a 500 Internal Server Error. From other posts, I have done the following:
- Deleted the maintenance.flag file
- Changed permission on index.php to 755
- Changed permission on downloader/index.php to 755
- Changed permissions recursively on /var to 777
- I've also gone through the files and all directories seem to be 755 and all main files '666'.
I'm still getting the 500 Internal Server Error. The bigger problem is that I have no error files in /log to be able to identify the problem. I created the folder /log (because it didn't exist) but no files are in there. I do not have access to the frontend of backend (because of the 500 Internal Server Error) to make sure that logging is turned on.
Any idea how I can try to troubleshoot / get these error logs?
Edit: My server error log shows the error 'Premature end of script headers: index.php'....