I really don't know what to call this. It seems only to happen on both Mac OSX and iOS with Safari. It doesn't seem to affect Chrome even though they are both Webkit-based.
I'm working on a B2B project where we are using Magento as the primary development framework. Linking to the site, the user must log on to do anything. I've been primarily developing on a Windows machine then pushing the code to a LEMP machine. I encounter no problems with any browser on Windows or Android.
On a Mac with Safari I link to the site. The page displays as expected. I enter my correct credentials and click on the login button. I receive a message that the server cannot be found. When I look at the address bar, I see this strangeness:
Yes, that is the URL the system wants to redirect to.
I've also seen "localhost" on iOS. I don't have localhost anywhere in the (non-database) configuration that I can find in a global search of the source code.
I did some searching looking for anything related to that broken URL and all I found were some references to turning off the SID. I did that just to see what happens, and now I receive this URL:
I've only seen this with Safari on Mac OSX or iOS.
Edit: Reloading / Relinking to the original site URL loads the site as if I were redirected there after log in.