I have manually added 400 products in Magento 2.1.7 CE via the backend. There are configurable products involved, their associated simple products, and normal simple products (not associated with configurable products).
I am exporting all products via System->Export and start examining the csv file. First thing is that in configurable_variations column, not all attributes used for skus associated with each configurable product are in the exported file. I add those manually. i.e. only color was listed for some products-skus with color and size: I added size as well and vise versa.
Second I need to add these products into 2 different store views (languages -el - en) already created in the backend. Categories, attribute sets etc. are already created too. All exported fields are involved in the import. Simple products come first in the file, second are simple products associated with configurable and configurable products are last for both store views (800 entries).
I am trying to update products (Add/Update mode), no luck. I manually delete all products and try to import: "Import successfully done", but no products imported. No errors, no logs. I've tried to completely remove description and short description fields, in case improper characters are involved, no luck.
I am convinced I miss something and it's me learning. But is it a typo? how to identify what is wrong in this csv file which is large - not just 2 test products? I have gone through this carefully: https://goo.gl/erH7aQ and have made many updates. I am not sure what is wrong anymore.
Thanks Rajkumar .E. ..basic knowledge: Started with one simple product then a few more, etc and found some problems mainly in Categories. Importing Configurable products is not the most straight forward thing at first, but import works. Last import attempt was still giving "errors" (maybe on something not very important) but also "import successfully done" and data imported. I set "Stop on Error" and Allowed Errors Count to 410
In my case, there was 49 products only and Import was successfully done but, no products were added even after clearing cache and doing re-index. I have recently updated our magento version to 2.2.5 (Community Edition).
I have also tried with removing special character from the CSV but still no success. Let me know if I have to re-post this issue or is there any solution for this.