I need to upgrade from Magento version 22.214.171.124 to v126.96.36.199 which includes version 2 of SUPEE-9767. And just want to check that the normal upgrade process I have is correct.
- Make back up of website & DB.
- Test upgrade on staging website first by merging latest version of Magento (v188.8.131.52) with current website codebase.
- Test upgrade has completed by logging into admin panel and checking version number.
- Test website, cart, checkout, product pages, product listings etc.
- Add maintenance.flag to production website to put it in maintenance mode.
- Make same changes on Production (i.e. merging latest version of Magento with current website codebase.)
- Remove maintenance.flag from production and test upgrade has been successful.
Does this seem ok?
Is it ok that I'm skipping two small release inbetween by going directly from 184.108.40.206 to v220.127.116.11?