this is what I came to:
- First I needed to go to a folder called Local
- Then I had to create my own namespace which I called NamespaceTesting
- Then I created the name of my module MymoduleTesting
- Then I had to create several folders inside MyModuleTesting like controllers, models, blocks, and etc
- Inside etc, I had to add a config.xml file
- Inside controllers, I added a controller.php file
- Also, inform Magento of the existence of my module at app/modules/MyModuleTexting.xml
and yes, I read that I had to clear the cache so that Magento finally gets notice of that new module but, please, I don't want to mess with the cache as this is a production site that sells a lot and I would go into panic mode if I crashed the application.
Since all I want is to extract some data like, give me all products with their price, their description, short description belonging to a specific category, I would prefer to be able to just paste the code somewhere so that I can export it as I need that data for another database not based on Magento.
Could anyone kindly tell me where I can do that without any risk of crashing the app? Be detailed please, as I have been a few hours with Magento and I have already learned a bit.
Thank you for the editing I could not get it properly formatted>
I know about the Magento options to export Products and Customers, but that is maybe too much. Ideally, I d like to be able to obtain the data already specific
Just visualize the category tree like
how do I get all products from category B?
I have seen the code to collect that data, I just am not sure where to actually paste it safely.