- What is best IDE to develop code for magento?
- we have admin panel and frontend. When we say we develop/custom magento, we just develop the functions for admin panel? instead of frontend? We use admin panel to control what it will be looked like in frontend? Can we directly develop code for frontend?
- Is there any documentation to describe what is the code/project file structure for magento CE 2.1.5? I am new to it, I have no idea where to start to develop it?
- If a magento in not 2.x.x version, we have to upgrade it to 2.x.x version for better security issue?
- Can we debug step by step for magento? If yes, how?
closed as too broad by Arunendra, Fabian Schmengler, Keyul Shah, 7ochem, Murtuza Zabuawala Mar 31 '17 at 13:47
Please edit the question to limit it to a specific problem with enough detail to identify an adequate answer. Avoid asking multiple distinct questions at once. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
- There is not "best: IDE, I am using Sublime3 now. So far it is really comfortable to me.
- Develop magento is not just front-end or admin. It can be both or some thing not showing up in both. Like some database processor.
- There are a lot of documents about magento, http://devdocs.magento.com/ this is the official one.
- Up to date normally is a good idea, but some time you have you own situation that may be stay in some version would be better for specific situation.
- JS you can use firebug or chrome developer tool to run step by step, and the server side code, you may not able to do that.