I am trying to use Magento locally on Windows with PHP 7.
I have followed this guide.
***** Step By Step *****
- Download the latest Apache Version - Zip-File
- Copy Apache24 folder from Zip-File to your C: Drive
- Navigate into C:/Apache24/bin
- Open file --httpd-- with Rightclick -- Run as Administrator .
- Open Start-menu -- Type in : cmd -- Right Click -- Run as Administrator
- Type in CMD ---- cd /Apache24/bin --
- Type in -- httpd -k install -- leave CMD open
- Download !!THREAD SAFE!! Version of PHP
- Open PHP Zip-File
- Create folder --PHP-- in the C: Drive
- Copy Content of PHP Zip-File to C:/PHP/
- Go to C:/PHP
- Search for File with name: "php7apache2_2.dll" and copy the name !! File has other name if older PHP version was downloaded !!
- Go to C:/Apache24/conf
- Open File "httpd" with Editor
- Scroll to bottom and add the following Code: " LoadModule php7_module "C:/PHP/php7apache2_4" AddHandler application/x-httpd-php .php PHPIniDir C:/PHP " !! Change PHP Version 7 to the one that you have chosen !!
- Search for line " DirectoryIndex index.html " Change to: "DirectoryIndex index.php index.html"
- Save and close
- Go back to CMD and type in " httpd -k restart "
- Download MySQL
- Install MySQL with downloaded installer "Developer Default"
- During Installation choose ROOT Password and save it for later use
- Download phpMyAdmin
- Copy Folder in Zip File into C:/Apache24/htdocs
- Rename copied folder into "phpmyadmin"
- Navigate to C:/PHP
- Rename File "php.ini-production" to "php.ini"
- Open php.ini with Editor
- Search for Line "extension=php_mbstring.dll"
- Remove Semicolon ";" in front of "extension=php_mbstring.dll" and "extension=php_mysqli.dll"
- Save Exit
- Open CMD and Type in " httpd -k restart "
However Magento is not compatible with PHP 7.
So i guess I need to use a different PHP version, so I tried PHP 5.4 but got stuck. I think i need to change:
" LoadModule php7_module "C:/PHP/php7apache2_4"
But cannot find the equivelent to C:/PHP/php7apache2_4.