I've taken over responsibility of a Magento installation. Since the installation requires updates and further progress I've decided to move a copy of the live shop to a local web server for testing puroses.
- I've setup a Centos 7 server with php56, mariadb an further more to meet the requirements.
- Moved the files from live server to local server - set directory permission to 0777
- cleared /tmp , /var/session and /var/cache folders
- Made database backup - imported database to local mariadb
- changed web/unsecure/base_url and web/secure/base_url entry from www.mysite.com to local-server-ip/magento-folder
- Edited app/etc/local.xml
When I open the site (local-server-ip/magento/index.php) in browser the side loads but not the theme. And when I click on any link it redirects me to local-server-ip/magento/store_name and I got an error "File not found".
I assume the second issue is due to some SEO configuration but I don't know where this could be fixed.
Someone may know of this behavior and help to fix this?