As shown in the picture i have a category speakers having one item(product - Mini Car Speaker) and one category that is empty. But when i try to access this from the front-end it does not show up. See: and
The checklist for whether items are in stock follows. Some will seem stupid until the first time you spend an hour trying to figure this problem out:
- The products must be Visible in Catalog.
- The products must be Enabled.
- Product must have a stock Quantity.
- The product must be set to In Stock.
- If the product is set not to track stock, it still has to have a stock Quantity and be set to In Stock.
- The product must be assigned to the target Category.
- If using multi-website mode (or if you imported the products through Data Flow), the products must be assigned to the target Website.
- You must refresh your Cache / Indices, just to make sure.
Welcome to Magento. Hope that helps!
You need to make sure that the quantity of the product is not 0 and also that the product is listed available in stock. Because by default the products not in stock are not listed and also by default the quantity of the product is 0 when added.
So what you have to do is go to Catalog->Manage Products Click on your product and edit it, Go to inventory in the left bar and then change the quantity to more than 0 and also change the stock availability to in stock.