I'm dealing right now with a common problem: Spam.
More exactly: Spam on my Magento 2.1.3 product reviews.
I'm trying to find solutions on how to avoid this problem. Right now any visitor can comment and review on my shop as a guest.
My approaches (that didn't help much so far):
- An input field as a question like "7+8 = ?". If the user answers right "15" the review submit button will be enabled (which has been disabled before).
- I've added ".. required />" to every input field.
- I've created another input field. If you enter something there the whole review container will be removed by jQuery. So if any bot does automatically try to enter something it should get removed.
=> No success, still spam to see in Admin > Marketing > Reviews
Looking at those spam-reviews there are two things that are strange:
- The spam-reviews had been made on the same product all the time
- The spam-reviews do not have any "star-rating" (1-5 stars) entered even if they are required in the form.phtml.
My Question: Do you have any creative ideas on how to deal with that? There aren't any extensions out there (niche alert !☺) to prevent this.. Maybe from server site? PHP? Please help!