My Magento site is running on a VPS with Server version: Apache/2.4.23 (Unix) PHP Version => 5.5.38
The following optimization in place: Merge JS/CSS Magento compilation Redis Server Opcache lesti FPC Mod_Pagespeed
My site is quick enough https://gtmetrix.com/reports/www.modmybike.in/fdHza8gN but my ttfb is quite high and I want to reduce the TTFB. I am ready to sacrifice the under 2 sec page load speed for quicker connection and TTFB.
I believe the TTFB is high due to Gzip compression.
I have tried to remove the Apache Gzip compression by trying the following methods.
- Removed the text/html mime type from AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE in .htaccess
- SetEnvIf Request_URI "(/)" no-gzip dont-vary in .htaccess
- Disabled mod_deflate entirely in .htaccess
- Moved from using .htaccess to httpd.conf and explicitly set "SetEnv no-gzip 1"
- Removed compress in Lesti::FPC
- Compression not enabled in Mod_Pagespeed.
Even with all the above attempts the Accept Encoding is still set to 'gzip, deflate'. I have been on this from last 2 weeks without any progress.
My only option i can think of is to rebuild Apache without mod_deflate.
Edit : Commented out #LoadModule mod_deflate in httpd.conf.
httpd -M still lists mod_defalte as a loaded module after restart.