I'd like to remove the entire Account tab from the Magento 2.0.x mobile menu. Our site doesn't have accounts for users, it's more like a catalog with no purchasing.
I've found many examples of how to remove items from the Account tab, but none to remove the tab itself.
Steps already taken:
- I'm working in developer mode with cache disabled.
- I've overridden
app/code/Magento/Customer/view/frontend/layout/customer_account.xmlto remove the
customer_account_navigationblock, but the menu still shows:
<?xml version="1.0"?> <page xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" layout="2columns-left" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="urn:magento:framework:View/Layout/etc/page_configuration.xsd" label="Customer My Account (All Pages)" design_abstraction="custom"> <body> <referenceBlock name="customer_account_navigation" remove="true" /> </body> </page>
- I've tried removing the block in
default.xmlin the same folder above. Didn't work.
- I've done a
bin/magento cache:clearafter updating the XML just to be sure that wasn't required. Neither helped.
- I've hunted all throughout the code base to find anything related to "Account" or the navigation menu. Nothing I found and changed removed the tab.
- Am I overriding the correct file?
- Am I overriding it in the correct location in my theme directory?