After upgrading from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 I had a similar problem and I have just fixed it.
In my case the rendering of the whole page stopped after the header. That means, no product related to the search was shown and e.g. the footer wasn't rendered, as well.
I had a modified
app/code/local/Mage/CatalogSearch/Model/Resource which had some minor changes in the
prepareResult() function. I diffed my local file, the one from 22.214.171.124 and the one from 126.96.36.199. I recognized that a new protected class variable called
$_foundData and additionally the getter for this variable was introduced in 188.8.131.52. I added both to my local file and after that the page was correctly rendering again, but still no product related to the search was shown.
That was, because of several changes happened in the
prepareResult() function from 184.108.40.206 to 220.127.116.11. I applied the changes to my local file and now the catalog search is working fine again.
If this does not solve your problem, take a look at the other changes of the CatalogSearch module that happened from 18.104.22.168/1.9.3 to 22.214.171.124. Maybe you override other files of this module or use an extension that overrides files of this module.