I have a custom theme in which a certain template uses jQuery - everything works like a charm. I put the changes in the template from the default theme - everything OK. This is on my developer machine.
Then I put the changes, in both the custom and the default themes, on the testing machine (another, separate machine) and it works with the custom theme, but does not on the default theme. When debugging in FireBug, I get thrown exception on this line of code:
var $j = jQuery.noConflict();
whereas I get the
ReferenceError: jQuery is not defined exception. This is weird, because the code on the dev machine and on the testing machine is completely identical for both the custom and the default themes.