It should be created a shop for eyeglasses. Therfore I want to create a product for each glasses frame and need to ask the customer for special details depending on his prescriptions.
The following dropdowns are required for each glasses frame:
- The Sphere for the right eye (float values between -14.00 and +9.00 in steps of 0.25)
- The Sphere for the left eye
- The Cylinder for the right eye
- The Cylinder for the left eye
- The Axis for the left eye
- The Axis for the right eye
- Maybe some more...
I think advanced products will not do the trick because it makes no sense to create the glasses like i would do it with t-shirt colors for example. I have no stock of glasses, every glass will be created on request by the store owner.
I don't want to create the options for every new product manually in admin section.
It should be something like a product type
glasses which implements these options.
I did some experiments with custom Input types based on this tutorial: http://magento.ikantam.com/qa/custom-input-types-custom-options
The questions are:
- Is it the right way to use custom option types for that?
- If not, what is the right way?
- Is it possible in general to create one custom option type which results in 6 dropdowns with 6 possible values (maybe store it as serialized array in db) or do i have to create 6 custom option types?
- Do you have further ideas or experience in extending magento like this?
I know the question is maybe too general and very basic. I am new to magento and cannot find anything about advanced options in the docs. Hope it is the right place here to ask this.
Thank you very much.