I'm using Magento 2.1 I've created my own theme called 'MP/basic', which is based on Luma. I created the theme.xml, registration.php, the web folder with everything I need inside it. I can choose that new theme in Admin panel and it appears correctly with my logo on the frontend.
I'm trying to remove the catalog.compare.link block in top.links and other stuff.
The layout for this block seems to be defined in
I tried to add
<referenceBlock name="catalog.compare.link" remove="true" />
And it works as expected, but I'm not supposed to change vendor files. So I'm looking for the correct folder in which to create my own default.xml file to place the new code: For now I have default.xml, and I modified catalog_product_view.xml in wich I wrote :
<page layout="1column" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="urn:magento:framework:View/Layout/etc/page_configuration.xsd"> <body> <referenceBlock name="product.info.sku" remove="true" /> <referenceBlock name="view.addto.compare" remove="true" /> <referenceBlock name="product.info.mailto" remove="true" /> </body> </page>
I've looked everywhere in the documentation and online but cannot find the correct information on this subject. I've read all other question on magento.stackexchange without success.
. I've tried several locations, including the one where my theme is defined :
/app/design/frontend/MP/basics/Magento_Catalog/layout/default.xml OR /app/design/frontend/MP/basics/Magento_Catalog/page_layout/override/default.xml OR /app/design/frontend/MP/basics/Magento_Catalog/layout/override/default.xml OR /app/design/frontend/MP/basics/Magento_Catalog/layout/override/base/default.xml
and several other locations.
After each attempt, I cleaned/flushed the cache,deleted pub/static/, and var/view_processed/ redeployed static content, and did a php bin/magento setup:upgrade, without luck. The new default.xml or catalog_product_view.xml is not displayed, as it is when I modify directly luma's files.
I'm in developper mode, but it's not working in production. I'm using redis for the cache and I see in the console everything is flushed correctly.
Please can someone tell me what i'm doing wrong, or the good way to go (it is driving me crazy)
Thanks a lot, WM