I have installed Magento 1.8.0 and on localhost the cart is working correctly. I change the quantity of a product in the cart then I push the "Update cart" button and all works fine. I trasferred the site online and the cart quantity doesn't work anymore. As I change the quantity of a product and click the button the quantity remains the same. If I go back and try to add the same product to the cart, even if I specify a different quantity like 10 and not 1, in the cart only 1 item is added every time I click on "add to the cart" button and not 10 as specified. I cannot figure out where's the problem. I excluded my custom theme and rolled back to the default theme and the problem persist. I updated magento to 1.8.1 and the same problem.
No logs. Nothing.