I installed Magento 2 using composer locally (on my local Dev environment using MAMP).
- I added my custom theme and did all my frontend work on my local Dev site.
- I want my code and changes to be tracked by Git and pull it in on my Staging site (from the Beanstalk remote repo)
I installed Magento 2 using Composer and @Claudiu Creanga advised me in this article to use the service Deploybot to deploy the site to Staging.
I have a few questions regarding this process:
- How do I have to setup my .gitignore file? In other words; which files and folders I have to track and I have to commit and push to my remote repo?
- How do I install my site on the Staging server? Also using Composer?
- Because I used Composer to install Magento 2, I can use
composer updateto update Magento 2 core. But how do I update my Staging site? Also using
composer update? So if I understand wright I don't pull in this update changes by Git from my remote repo?
- How do I install and update Extensions? Also using Composer? So I don't add the Extensions via Git and I don't track the Extensions, isn't it?