Is there a guide on how to set up my front end and backend on separate servers? I am running magento 1.9.
closed as unclear what you're asking by Keyul Shah, Fabian Schmengler, Amit Bera♦, Qaisar Satti, Anna Völkl May 2 '16 at 5:34
Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.
one server will be frontend:
- domain name www.example.com
- DNS ip pointed to
- cache and sessions connected to redis on admin server
- /media/ folder mounted as NFS from admin server
- /var/log/ folder mounted as NFS from admin server
second server admin:
- domain name admin.example.com
- DNS ip pointed to subdomain
- cache and sessions configured in multiple redis instances
- /media/ folder configured as shared NFS storage
- /var/log/ folder configured as shared NFS storage
- files and code changes on admin server only
- rsync push from admin to frontend with delete option (delete non-existent files from frontend)
- exclude folders from rsync like media and some var, and other folder you create only for admin use.
good when you have local network between servers.