We've got a few issues which I believe are all related to the same thing, I've looked into this various times and haven't got close to a solution:
- Recently viewed doesn't work i.e. does not display any products for logged in and logged out users (product pages)
- On the dashboard, 'Most Viewed Products' is empty
- Table 'report_viewed_product_index' is empty/does not update - 'log_*' tables do not update either
It is my understanding that recently viewed is part of Mage Reports hence why I think these are all related. Ultimately, we want the recently viewed to work. The rest is a bonus.
- Clearing the logs on command line
- Refresh statistics
- Various variations of showing recently viewed (see below)
- Creating a CMS widget for recently viewed
- Checked catalog.xml for appropriate recent product script
<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('product_recently_viewed'); ?>
<?php echo $this->getChildHtml('recently_viewed'); ?>
<?php $collection = Mage::getSingleton('Mage_Reports_Block_Product_Viewed')->getItemsCollection(); ?>
Our development website did have all of the above working (for reasons I won't go into, that development website is no longer accessible - we've seen had to create a new development website from the live website). The website build/files were the same.
We're working on Magento 18.104.22.168
Any insight will be greatly appreciated.