Are there any complete tutorials/books/blogs available for learn Magento API from the beginning? Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Actually it's pretty hard to find good Magento API resources.
For learning about the SOAP API, I used/can recommend:
- magentocommerce.com: Magento API (there were lots of mistakes on the old version of this website, hope it's better now)
- Alan Storm: The Magento API
- Inchoo: Magento API v2
- agoraDesign: Creating or updating products
- Magento SOAP call (german resource)
- stackoverflow/stackexchange questions ;-)
Actually this is a list of the visited websites from my PC ;)
And of course I learned the most with debugging and testing.
Reading through each section of the below is a good starting point:
And then the below after:
I read the most for learning about the API from here:
Another very good article with regards to Magento API has been written by Inchoo:
They list the differences between the APIs which exist in Magento starting at the basics like "What is a WSDL", "How to access Magento by creating a role and user", "Differences between API v1 and v2" and also include screenshots of where to find the resources.
This article helped me a lot when I programmed my first API methods.