I'm architecting a solution to a customer that have the following requisites:
- It will sell a catalog of products for 3 different public.
- Each public will see different prices for the same products (it could be added more than once, if needed)
- The customer groups would be identified after login or some kind of validation
- One of this public (or group) could have up to 1500 different prices. The system will determine which catalog the user will see.
Given that, I thought about some possible solutions, but I guess there are limitations (mainly by performance).
- Use customer groups and price group per product
- Cons: load 1500 customer groups at the dropdown could be a problem / slow to process that
- Use customer groups and catalog price rule
- Cons: As far as I know, catalog rules with large catalog can shut down a store with performance issues.
- Use Magento Enterprise Customer Segment and segment by customer attribute (customer group, or other customer attribute)
- Cons: Performance could be a problem.
- Use multi website approach and create different URL's
- Cons: not sure how magento would handle 1500 websites with different catalogs / I can't imagine 1500 flat catalog tables / I can't imagine 1500 website options in configuration scope dropdown ( +1500 views scope option)
The questions are:
- Does anyone has faced with this kind of challenge?
- Did you succeed on doing that with Magento?
- Can anyone share other approaches or interpretations about it?